Smoothie’s are a great quick and easy breakfast that I use often, it can be packed full of nutritious ingredients and save you time if you are in a hurry in the morning. Spirulina is an iron rich plant that is a sea algae and is great for your digestion. Maca powder is a great source of iron and is often used in assisting hormone building. Nut butters are a healthy source of essential fatty acids and are rich in protein.
- 1 cup of liquid (your choice of purified water, almond milk, macadamia milk)
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Spriluna powder
- 1 serve of protein powder (I use pea protein)
- 1 teaspoon of nut butter (like almond spread, abc spread)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (organic is ideal)
Place the liquid into a blender, then add the remainder of your ingredients and blend until smooth.
Serve in a large glass and enjoy your quick and easy smoothie!
*Please note its best to avoid MACA in pregnancy