Roasted vegetable salad is a great alternative to your general ‘tossed salad’. Feta cheese adds a good source of protein along with the pine nuts used in this recipe.
- 3/4 cup feta, cubed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, cubed and roasted
- 1/4 cup beetroot, cubed and roasted
- 1 cup of mixed salad leaves (or rocket)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Small handful of fresh parsley
Combine all ingredients together; add olive oil as your dressing. For extra protein you can add chicken, fish or poached eggs.